Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Making FedEx Friends

Some of you may know that I recently went to England for a week. Suz, being the crazy fretter that she is, ordered me a temporary global phone to take over there with me so that she could still get a hold of me at all times. Gotta love moms.

So, a week before my departure for England, I was waiting around one day for FedEx to deliver the phone package. Shockingly, FedEx was NOT right on schedule with their "by noon" delivery promise.

No big deal, I thought. I don't have class until 3:30, I can continue my waiting game.

One o'clock came and went. As the clock creeped closer to 2, I still wasn't really that worried/bothered, but Suz was, of course.

Then it approached the 2:30 mark. I really needed to get ready for my class, which included getting in the shower, where I would surely not hear the FedEx delivery guy knock on the door, and the temporary-global-phone-delivery-fail-Apocalypse would obviously ensue.

Not taking a shower wasn't really a possibility, seeing as how I'm a disgusting college student and probably hadn't showered since at least a day and a half prior to that (and I dont want to become one of those PYMIGS that I so vehemently rant about in other posts).

In my opinion, the next course of action for my little dilemma was an obvious one. I would charm the package right out of the FedEx guy's hands and onto my porch, where he would leave it and be on his way even though it required a signature from me.

How would I accomplish this, you ask?

I left this note taped on my front door for the delivery guy to find:





"FedEx man (woman?),

Could you please leave the package even if I don't answer the door? I had to shower/go to class :( -- Possibly try to hide it under our mats maybe? If I could tip you, I would! :) Thanks!

-Shannon Townes"



I hoped for the best, and got in the shower. When I got out, I went downstairs to check on the status of the note/possibly package.

The note was gone, and I will be darned if that FedEx delivery person didn't go to the greatest lengths he could to make sure that package was hidden.








Yes, it's a teeny bit on the conspicuous side, but he definitely tried. And I'd like to think it was because of my jolly note.

I'm not sure what became of the note, or why he felt the need to take it with him, but hopefully some FedEx workers got a little tiny bit of amusement that day because of one customer who was particularly determined that their package be left, signature or not.

At the very least, I definitely amused myself.

6 comments:

  1. Bwahahaha. Tears in eyes. I bet he thought if he took the note, then no one would know to look for the package! And by he, of course I mean he or she.

    ReplyDelete
  2. S/he might have taken that note because it had your sig on it and possibly could have sufficed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! That's fantastic! I love random funny events like that. Im suprised he didn't also collect sticks and leaves to cover the package. Excellent work! Really funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! I should do this too. This happens to me a lot. Brilliant! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I seriously loved this post. I laughed so hard and at the same time saw this as something I'd probably do, too. Thank you for taking pictures and sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete

Share This

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails